Sunday, October 12, 2008

2007 Minnesota State Fair Entries

2007 was the first year I entered the fair. I choose 5 entries I would be comfortable making, and spent the evening before drop-off day baking up a storm. The next morning at 7:45 am we were in line outside the Creative Activities Building at the fairgrounds waiting patiently to drop off two cakes, two quick breads, and one bar cookie entries. The results were posted on Thursday morning (opening day of the fair), and I found my name listed as a ribbon winner in two categories. When we went to the fair, we saw a third entry displayed with a ribbon that had not been posted in the online results. I was very excited about the ribbons, and couldn't wait to start planning for the next year.

2007 Entries

Quick Breads: Banana Bread (DNP)
Quick Breads: Vegetable Bread (Pumpkin Bread) (4th place)
Cakes with Shortening: Chocolate Cake (Devil's Food Cake/French Silk Frosting) (DNP)
Cakes with Shortening: German Chocolate Cake (3rd place)
Cookies: Bar Cookie, plain, frosted (Toffee Bars) (3rd place)

No comments: