Tuesday, October 14, 2008

What would YOU like to see on Bake-straveganza?

To my students and their parents at St. Anthony,

Some of you have been introduced to the blog in class, and recipes are available if you would like to make some of the 2007 State Fair entries. I plan to post the 2008 State Fair entries this weekend.

I am also going to post the process of making an apple pie. There are so many apples in season for fall that it's a great time to bake with them! I have some Haralson apples I will be using.

Also, if you have any requests for an item you'd like to see on the blog, feel free to comment and let me know! I am hoping to put some of our class labs on here as well, so people can see what we do in our foods labs at different levels.

Have a great 4 day weekend!

2 comments:

Anita said...

I would LOVE to see Zucchini Bread. The Aveda Institute's cafe makes the best Zucchini Bread, and I've never found anything that compares to it. If you could figure it out - I would be eternally grateful!

Also - what is the importance of sifting? I never sift things, and I wonder if that is causing my chocolate chip cookies to fall flat....

Ms. Findlay-Lampkin said...

Sifting helps take out lumps in flour or powdered sugar to create a finer texture.
I usually make chocolate chip cookies with butter, and the butter will cause the cookie to spread on the pan. Cookies don't spread as much if they're made with shortening. You could refrigerate the dough for an hour or two and then bake - the cookies will not spread as much.